Darla Dumler

Darla Dumler
Darla Dumler

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WITHOUT

Without the storms, I can’t experience and appreciate the serene.
Without the rain in my life, my flowers can’t find their roots and grow to full beauty.
Without choosing my path, I’m tossed to and fro on uncontrollable waves of emotions.
Without choosing God’s way, I leave my heart’s gate open to the devil’s wiles and temptation.
Without the SONshine of love I leave my heart in a cold dark cave.
Without forgiveness, I am in chains of everlasting anguish and pain.
Without willingness to give love unconditionally and face rejection and pain, I give up my opportunities to be immersed in love and joy again.
Experiencing hurt is real and an ever present reality on this earth. Do we hide, run, or build a fortress, or do we look for the silver lining and exceptional times in our lives and anticipate the next one? We are here on this earth to help one another whenever we can. The question is will you choose to help others and thereby help yourself, or do you stay by yourself and dry up inside surviving in fear, all alone? I experience low tides of drifting into the negativity as we all do. What matters is what I do consistently when no one else is looking. How I do the little things is how I will do everything.
God is my strength and courage and He promises to always be. I pray and ask for help and encouragement and get up and choose a loving life again. We all fall down. It matters most how we get back up again and again.
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”Deuteronomy 31:6
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to share your thoughts with me.