Darla Dumler

Darla Dumler
Darla Dumler

Monday, May 30, 2011

I Stumbled

I stumbled this weekend through a path of insecurity and agitation.
Throughout time many strong kingdoms, castles, and fortresses have been attacked and some have been seized. The majority have tumbled and crumbled to dust as a result of the enemies within their very walls. In my life I have found Satan destroys individuals, marriages, and families the same way.
This week I allowed my primary focus to slip off of God and onto myself. My focus on self brought self doubt, criticism, insecurity, and an earthquake to the peace in my spirit. You would think by now I would not go down into this slippery cesspool; instead, I stumbled in.  This stumble reminds me I am human and I can do nothing good without God as my Lord. I can’t serve two masters. Matthew 6:24
“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other.”
It’s either God or me and my sinful nature. I quit taking every thought captive and let my humanness take control which equaled no peace and self destruction.
I am grateful and humbled to serve a God who loves me, forgives me, and redeems me in the midst of my humanness. I will strive to stay the course of God by seeking him first (Matthew 6:33) and I will submit my will to him first and he will direct my path (Proverbs 3:6).  Only then I will keep my peace.
Have you stumbled lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to share your thoughts with me.