Darla Dumler

Darla Dumler
Darla Dumler

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

To Lead or Follow


To avoid chaos there must be a plan, order or system.
I don’t have the perfect knowledge, wisdom, and power God had when He made the world. He spoke all that is into existence and it worked the first time. Sometimes I have trouble finding the right words or speaking them.
It comforts me to know God has the ultimate plan and He knows what’s best for me. I’m challenged by my human pride, my spontaneous nature, and my desire to take control and lead. Instead of seeking Him first and looking for His soft guidance along the way, I have found myself alone and frantic because I ran ahead. I have learned I can’t put God in a box and carry the box to my destinations, thoughts, and plans without trouble. He cannot be an after-thought. My life is not all about me but about the God who created me. I must trust Him and let Him lead me; I must follow with great anticipation of the good plans He has for me. God lead the Israelites through the desert by a cloud in the day and by fire at night. As I have learned to trust and follow God more with age, my spirit is at peace even in the midst of a storm.
“Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.” Proverbs 19:21
Trust and follow God and you will see the good He has planned for you.
What chaos have you experienced lately because you want to lead?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to share your thoughts with me.