Darla Dumler

Darla Dumler
Darla Dumler

Monday, October 31, 2011

Break or Bounce


Yesterday I awoke to a beautiful white blanket of snow snuggled around the grass, bushes, and trees. The stark white glow radiated inside the darkness of my bedroom. I went over to the light switch and flipped it on. To my surprise, the room lingered in darkness. The power was out and from the chill in the room, it had been all night. 

I found my cell phone and used its light to lead me to the garage to seek our large emergency flashlight. It was a challenge to gather my clothes, tame my hair, and attempt to apply makeup in hopes I wouldn’t resemble a clown in the light of day. I managed to get myself ready and in the truck headed for my Bible study. 

As I pulled out of the driveway and into our neighborhood, I began to see the damage the beautiful snow created. The trees were bent over on the brink of breaking or bouncing back. The sight of their struggle struck a familiar chord in my soul. Many times in my life I have wondered how much more I could take before I would break. I have made many choices that looked beautiful, pure, and wonderful at the start, but in the end they weighed me down one painful flake at a time. 

 Once I determined to have a personal relationship with Christ and walk with Him daily in my mind, heart, soul, and strength, He helped me make choices that strengthen me. God teaches, trims, and grows me with hands of love and care. At times I may still get loaded down, but I KNOW my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will dust off my branches and lift my leaves skyward just at the right time. With His love and care, I will bear fruit and I will not be defeated in my soul and spirit. I trust Him and that settles everything for me.

Psalm 37:39 NIV
The spacious, free life is from God, it's also protected and safe. God-strengthened, we're delivered from evil— when we run to him, he saves us.

Deuteronomy 31:8 Message
 God is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you. Don't be intimidated. Don't worry.

With Him, it’s much easier to bounce back and not break!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to share your thoughts with me.