Darla Dumler

Darla Dumler
Darla Dumler

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

From Darkness to Deliverance


I once lived in darkness until I opened the door.
I once had no hope until I accepted God and learned there was more.
I thought being a Christian would mean no more pain.
I now realize, like Jesus, my suffering would lead to my character refined again and again.
I closed myself off to protect me and do it my way.
I realized my hard heart kept everyone out, which left me alone in doubt and more pain.
So I opened my heart to God's hope and accepted His love.
I opened my hands and released my burdens to God above.
I sought him out in His word, song, and through others.
I chose to learn, to grow, to accept my refinement and now my heart flutters.
I stand in his strength, because I know mine won't endure and sustain me. I've tried it.
I’m determined to trust and walk with Him daily.
Through his love and healing I truly know I am loved, forgiven, and free to be the best me God has always seen.
Darla Dumler

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to share your thoughts with me.