Darla Dumler

Darla Dumler
Darla Dumler

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Invisible Gift


Gifts come in all shapes, sizes, and substance.
This year for Christmas our family agreed not to exchange presents. Instead, we chose to help serve dinner at the Open Door Mission, count our blessings, and share our time with one another. We avoided the hustle and bustle of running to and fro like reindeer with five shots of coffee. In many ways it was peaceful; in others my heart struggled with wanting to give something tangible to those closest to me.
I thought about Jesus and how He is no longer in a material form, yet He’s alive in me. When I close my eyes and think of how much I am loved unconditionally, forgiven, and redeemed through Gods grace and mercy, I’m left breathless. It has taken me years to realize, accept, and live in God’s ultimate love. The only time I’ve ever been able to conceptualize God’s continual transference of love to us has been when I held my two sons for the first time and gave them all of my love. God assured me He feels the same way about me when I let Him hold me, because He sent His only son, Jesus, to die for me.
God showed His unconditional love, grace, and mercy for us through Jesus Christ our Savior and Redeemer. God’s love is given freely without an ulterior motive or an expected return. The essence of love can’t be held in our hands; it’s exchanged and felt in our hearts. It is the greatest invisible gift of all. This Christmas, my special gifts came in the form of the flesh and blood of my boys and the invisible love in their hearts. What a blessed Savior we serve!
Did you receive a special gift?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to share your thoughts with me.