Darla Dumler

Darla Dumler
Darla Dumler

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Journey


It’s a great feeling to climb to the top of a mountain and see the amazing view. Many times in my life I have experienced the same elation and freedom after Jesus has helped me pass through a storm in life. It may last a few minutes, weeks, or even a season. But, the reality of living on this earth keeps reminding me that this is not our home. We will never live in pure jubilation until we are in heaven with Jesus. I’m so grateful earth is not as good as it gets. 

Now I view my life as a journey with a specific path for me. To reach my full potential and complete the part God has designed for me to play, I must be diligent to keep moving forward. I realize this means I will be on the mountain tops but I will also be in the valleys, deserts, plains, and bogs. My journey is not about my comfort and happiness. It’s about showing others the love of Jesus through my service, words, and attitude.
In my early Christian state, I thought that because I was a child of God I would have an easier life. This thought was prideful and rang with a sense of entitlement. Who am I to think I will avoid temptation, trials, and pain when the savior of the world didn’t? 

As my relationship grew with Christ and I discovered who I am in Christ, I realize God can only work through me when I am willing to love and serve others no matter how I feel. When Christ works through me I learn to care, listen, and serve others without benefit to me. 

I have determined in my spirit not to let fear or the pain of the past keep me from experiencing walking on the water, parting my seas, or witnessing God’s miracles. I will persistently pursue the commands, precepts, but most of all the character of God Jesus himself modeled for us. I will not back down and shrivel up only to look back on my life with regret and disappointment. I will finish my race well and then I will enjoy eternal ecstasy with God in heaven.

How do you see your life’s journey?

1 comment:

  1. Awwwsome, girl! We need more like you (gorgeous, too)... but, yet, sadly, most are only in for themselves in this dayNage - dunno whether that's outta ignorance OR stupidity, they're only in it for the word Freud knew so well: I, I, I. What do eye want? What do EYE need? Mama mia. Exactly why more than a lotto people are falling to their eternal demise. You, however, know the Way home, so share this with people who dont know the Way home. Thank you profusely.

    Q: Can anyone tell me the difference between K2 and IQ? A: Nthn. In Seventh-Heaven, we gitt'm both for eternity HawrHawr Neeeed summore thots, ideers, raw wurdz or ironclad iconoclasms? Yay! Voila!

    VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI: As an ex-writer of the sassy, savvy, schizophenia we all go through in this lifelong demise, I just wanna help U.S. git past the whorizontal more!ass! we're in (Latin: words to [the] wise)...

    "This finite existence is only a test, son," God Almighty told me in my coma. "Far beyond thy earthly tempest is where you'll find tangible, corpulent eloquence" (paraphrased). Lemme tella youse without d'New Joisey accent...

    I actually saw Seventh-Heaven when we died: you couldn't GET any moe curly, party-hardy-endorphins, blatant-extravagantly-surplus-lush Upstairs when my beautifull, brilliant, bombastic girly-girl passed-away due to those wry, sardonic satires.

    "Those who are wise will shine as brightly as the expanse of the Heavens, and those who have instructed many in uprightousness as bright as stars for all eternity" -Daniel 12:3

    Here's also what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

    Go git'm, girl. You're incredible. See you Upstairs. I won't be joining'm in the nasty Abyss where Isis prowls
    thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com
    infowars.com
    -YOUTHwitheTRUTH
    -------------------------------
    PS Need summore unique, uncivilized, useless names? Lemme gonna gitcha started, brudda:

    Oak Woods, Franky Sparks, Athena Noble, Autumn Rose, Faith Bishop, Dolly Martin, Willow Rhodes, Cocoa Major, Roman Stone, Bullwark Burnhart, Magnus Wilde, Kardiak Arrest, Will Wright, Goldy Silvers, Penelope Summers, Sophie Sharp, Violet Snow, Lizzy Roach, BoxxaRoxx, Aunty Dotey, Romero Stark, Zacharia Neptoon, Mercurio Morrissey, Fritz & Felix Franz, Victor Payne, Isabella Silverstein, Mercedes Kennedy, Redding Rust, Phoenix Martini, Ivy Squire, Sauer Wolfe, Yankee Cooky, -blessed b9...

    God blessa youse
    (trust-in-Jesus)
    -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to share your thoughts with me.