Darla Dumler

Darla Dumler
Darla Dumler

Monday, February 6, 2012

New Buds


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
2 Corinthians 5:17

A soft breeze caressed my face on my beautiful sunny afternoon walk. The kiss of the sun on my stale winter face infused my flesh with warmth and promise. Right about now the winter starts to feel like a cage, and yet there is faith and anticipation for the coming spring and newness of life waiting around the bend. 

I noticed the trees shared my faith and anticipation with the formation of the first signs of their buds. They have their hard protective casing intact, but I can see the new life that is to come. I, too, feel new life in the living God who dwells in my heart. His promises are ever new and His word is life giving. 

I asked God to help me see this new promise everyday and never lose sight of the new buds He’s continually forming in my life. I pray God will let your heart and soul feel and see the newness He’s creating in you too.
Take heart for this weather season or spiritual season of cold and dark will pass. Let not your heart be troubled. God is going before you. He will never leave or forsake you, do not be afraid or discouraged sons and daughters of God.

What are some of the new buds forming in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to share your thoughts with me.