Darla Dumler

Darla Dumler
Darla Dumler

Friday, March 30, 2012

My Flower Garden


The early spring weather called me to my flower garden. My first glance revealed the dead leaves from the fall and winter. Looking closer I saw sprouts of hope amid the decay. I knelt down and began to pull away the dead remains and discovered shoots of weeds, grass, and flowers stretching toward the sun. I wondered how I had let the weeds get so out of control. Was I too busy at the end of summer? Had I lost interest in the beauty?

I began to wonder what weeds in my heart and soul I have also let get out of control in this season of winter. With each pull of a weed I prayed for God to revel any weeds in my heart just waiting to grow. I asked Him to help me keep a closer watch in my garden and take care of the weeds at the start. I have spent way too many years ignoring them, only to find myself fighting them for years to get them out so I could see the SON once more.

With the help of Christ and the forgiveness of my sins, I can pull my weeds out root and all. Not only has God helped me with weed control, he has planted some new flowers. It will be exciting to see them reach for the SON, and I anticipate their glorious colors and shapes this coming year. 

My prayer for the garden of my life and yours as we make Christ the center is found in Isaiah 58:11, The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.”

 What is the condition of your heart garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to share your thoughts with me.