Darla Dumler

Darla Dumler
Darla Dumler

Monday, November 28, 2011

Gratitude


“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…. It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.”
~Melodie Beattie

This Thanksgiving a well of gratitude bubbled from my soul. When I recall God’s love, grace, and mercy intertwined throughout my life, I breathe in awe. He entrusted me with every challenge, pain, and lesson that has come to this present great joy, love, and peace I experience daily. What Satan meant for my dismemberment and destruction through guilt, shame, and believing I was unworthy of His love, God is bringing to my good and His glory because I cling to the arms of Jesus. I’m grateful the creator of the universe knitted me in my mother’s womb with a desire to learn, grow, and serve Him.

His blessings abound to me through the love of my husband, second parents and extended family, sibling, children, grandchildren, and friends. I pray I choose to show my gratefulness to God every day for saving my life through my service and witness to bring Him glory. My gratitude is my unique soul song composed over my lifetime. It has only been the last few years that I have found my strong and confident voice to sing. It flows with every beat of my heart and can never be taken away.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to share your thoughts with me.